This workshop explores how to use rites of passage as a framework for ‘being with’ women during childbirth. It is aimed at midwives, doulas, birth workers, childbirth educators, students and anyone who works with women during their childbearing journey. The workshop is highly interactive and will require you to think deeply about your role and what you bring into the birth experience.
What you will learn:
- The herstory of modern birth practices
- The theory and practice of rites of passage
- Holistic childbirth physiology
- How to promote and support physiology
- How science and research do not support current practice norms
- Rites of passage for a medical birth